Running Weekdays

3 Runs this weekend.......no weekday morning bike rides for a long long time. Managed to run 2 x 10kms under an hour. Best time was achieved on Wednesday, covering 10km in 58min 11s. This is a slightly new route; basically, there is an extension of ECP AFTER Fort Road turn-off which is I suppose, not officially opened yet. It runs for about 800-900m and is blocked again. I think its before long that this will open up and give direct access to the new park opposite the wheel.

On Friday, I tried again, wanted to go below 28mins....started off pretty decent pace despite the rain and wet paths but nature came calling suddenly at the 3km mark. From them on it was a decision on whether I could continue ignoring the call....but it was apparent the big one was coming so had to double-back to the toilet I just passed. Did my deed and had a horrible time picking back the pace again. Still decent running time about 29mins 30s or so.....just made it under the hour. I will continue doing 2 x 10kms on weekdays and maintain the under an hour mark plus aim for sub 58mins run.

So what I discovered about running 10km is that its better to run light. No water (just make sure to hydrate well prior to the run), no phone (means no pouch) and no music (damn wires are just irritating). Pretty pleased with myself as the right knee issue seems to have corrected itself; either some muscle has strengthened sufficiently for 10km runs or this minimalist running method just works.

Here's my run from Wednesday. Nice cool weather, clear skies.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling