Weekday Blues

A tough week at work as my company of 15 years is about to go...well....bust! Its morale defeating to everyone in the company. We have so many opportunities in the pipeline but just simply not enough cash flow. Tough week ahead too....

Well, that's another (boring) story. Saddle up and get on with life!

OK, the good news, I was crazy enough to do 3 rides and a run over Tues-Friday.

Tuesday :
30km TT-like ride with Ryo...of which I notice great improvement over my last similar ride with him last week. Managed to hit 33km/h average upon reaching end of straight coastal road. Took it easy from them on, riding through the park.

Wednesday :
30km again, some route, this time, re-installed the Charge Knife saddle. Its more comfy compared to the Antares. Initially just wanted to do a 30km/h ave ride...but had a fast chase (aero bar road bike) at ECP.

Thursday :
32km ECP-Siglap route....pretty intense. 31.5km/h ave speed, got to the kopitiam just a shade over 1hr. Previous best with Ryo last year was 32km/h. He's almost back to his previous (untouchable) form. A true climber and fighter! My days of taunting him during the ride is over.

Friday :
Solo run for 5km. Running legs felt stronger and managed a share under 29 minutes, with 5.47min/km ave pace. I think I can push this.

On Cycling :
All this simply means is that I'm not getting enough sleep or just trying my best to justify the Di2 investment! Of which BTW, I think, the greatest improvement in bicycle since the integrated brake-shifter was introduced! One might argue 'what about 10spd or 8spd etc..'.....well I don't consider thinning chains, chainrings and cogs a real step up in technology.

On Running :
A 94kg colleague of mine shocked me when he showed me this 5km run data upon....27 minutes. He is not built a runner and yet did well on his first run? I told him there was something wrong with his phone software tracker for sure. Well guess what he used another software and did the same time this morning! Amazing. I gotta improve!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling