Weekend : Singapore Loop, Faber Loops and a New Seatpost

Saturday

Started off early at 5.15am on Saturday as the usual hardcore early birds were the only ones available for rides. Ryo, kl and me did the usual Singapore round island covering 112km. Average speed for the ride was 31.2km/h....and we did not draft any groups during the entire ride. Everyone did their part in pulling with some short attacks thrown in as well.

Notable section was the coastal straight where Ryo and me could not overtake and lead a solo rider. We were trying to lead the 3 man group (KL was dropped at this stage) but he just refused to allow us to lead. It was all in friendly mood but this guy is impressive!




Sunday

For Sunday, Ryo and me went for Mt. Faber. We did 6 loops and boy was I drained. As expected, he was quick to leave me behind on the climb. Seems so effortless for him! Best time up Kg.Bahru was 5mins 10secs...still at least a minute slower than my best time achieved early in the year. I attribute this to lack of climb training! Also perhaps the wheels! I still think the DA+Mavic combination climbs better under my weight.

Good training though as I discovered that stand pedalling can be nice if done correctly. I'm just too heavy and weak to bomb those steep sections. Need to go there more often to push those legs! Did well on a short sprint section at Nicoll in slight headwind.




Spending Above My Means.....Fizik Cyrano

So on Friday, I had my mandatory leave so called (how nice). I had a nice farewell lunch for a colleague followed by the meetup with KL at Next Stage (shop) at Jalan Klapa. There was a 'closing down sale' ....everything must go kind of sale. Nothing much was left. I bought a spare tape plus a white one for Ryo. The Fizik Cyrano seatpost caught my eye at at 50% off, it was ~90sgd....I couldn't resist though I really do not need it!

Its a beautifully, thoughtfully designed seatpost with a true micro-adjust screw. This beats the irritation 2-side screws approach on the Ritchey WCS post. Upon reaching home I swapped the posts and yup, it looks great. I like the rubber stopper/indicator included with the post which serves to mark the post insertion as well as to (possibly) prevent water or other stuff from getting into the frame via the insertion point.



Fizik + Parlee


Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling