Overtraining (Just one ride this weekend)

Its no secret. I've been a little bit mad on running and cycling especially this past month and I'm tired. This weekend, I suffered a slight burnout. Mentally (tired, not willing to get on the bike even after waking up early) and physically (right leg knee issues surfacing, DOMs on calves and lower leg muscles in general). So I just did a short ride on Saturday and basically for today (Sunday); I'm gonna bum. I will start again tomorrow.

October 2011 has been a record setting month for me:-

- ~900km covered (after my morning ride tomorrow!)
- 818km on the bike (April was highest at 830km)
- 82km in my running shoes (highest ever, that's almost 2 marathons....nuts!)
- this brings total distance to date ~7000km for 2011. 2010 total was 6880km. I have 2 more months! Should be within my means to hit the 8k target for 2011.

My riding/running TOTAL DISTANCE trend is shown below from a SPORTRACKS plot.


The HIGH months were Feb, April and July. Now there are reasons as to why these are HIGH months....events.

- Feb : NTU Bike Rally (150km)
- April : JMFR (130km)
- July : Cameron (90km) & Ipoh Century Ride (160km)
- October : No Events!

On my rest Sunday
- polished my bike, never seen it so shiny since last year! it was in a poor state after so much abuse from me!
- lube the chain with Pedros Ice Wax (yes, finally ditched the Finishline product after 3 years of usage)
- later : clean the spokes, deep section wheels...maybe change the bar-tape. Adjust the handlebar tilt 1 degree up. Whatever.
- thinking of gettting another pair of H-Streets.....for walking and casual wear (SGD89 less 20% from WOS)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling