2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

First 'official' ride of the year. This is the first time I participated in this event and boy, no regrets. It's a real mixed bag and I opted to try to chase the fast ones and managed to keep up. Good thing there were a lot of stop points (every 20km or so..)

Garmin data as below....only tracked 140km...lost 8km of data as I forgot to switch it on upon leaving NTU rest point.

2011 NTU Bike Rally by boostbutt at Garmin Connect - Details

This year, KL, Ben and I participated. We rode from our homes, met up at the usual Nicoll H'way stop and went to the F1 pit. About 1000 people signed up for the event...I think perhaps 800-900 turned up. We were mostly together during the rides until after NTU where we kinda split a bit but still meet up at the rest points.

I managed to complete the last 4 stages with the fastest group (arriving at rest stops which were empty!) with the Coastal one being the most brutal as cramps started to creep in. There, I took turns with the lead guy to pull each other along the straight. Headwind was crazy and we were doing 40km/h ave more or less...we thanked each other! Completed the event with the head group....we were the first group to finish!

All in all a good ride, very well organized, pretty safe and worth to do again next year.

Some pics from the event....at Yishun Stadium rest point - only half way!

Perak Boys!


Relieving the achy legs...


dun they know sitting around promotes cramps!!!???!!


happier times...

Comments

Unknown said…
Its a great ride isnt it!
omegaforest said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
omegaforest said…
Great post, great ride! May I know what time did you guys reach the pit?
wari said…
You guys are fast! I did it in 5:24 (without rest stops of course) else, it'd be nearly 8 hours I guess. My fatigue point would be around the 80km mark, and where things started to slow down a lot for me. That means no 40km/h Coastal runs.. LOL. Sure to do it again next year :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

Desaru Loop on Fixed Gear Power!