115km Ride @ Crazy Speeds

I wanted to target solo 30km/h average for the 115km loop on Saturday. I reckon this would be quite tough to do solo, without drafting. All was going to plan...was hitting 30km/h ave speed upon reaching completing Jalan Buroh but after the roundabout on the road towards NTU...headwind! A fast group of ang-mos, on nice tri-bikes and deep profile wheels (all of em' except one) passed me there. I decided to follow them right at the back. Man, those guys were fast. On that stretch until Neo Tiew (>5km), ave speed was something like 43km/h non-stop. Being at the back was ok, but still HR was already hitting 175bpm so pretty much on the edge of my presumed lactate threshold.

They were friendly enough not to signal 'back off' to me (if they did, I would) and I followed until Punggol (managed to go mid-group as well as some of the rear guys were dropping off like flies after Mandai) where they turned off to another route. I went on my usual 32-35km/h pace until Pasir Ris, where I met some of them again....high speed! This went on until Changi Village where most of the turned off (probably parked their cars there or something) except one...I followed the guy but he signaled for me to keep my distance so I did and let him be. :)

Moving average for the entire ride was a crazy 33km/h for 113km.....although not entirely solo effort but it was refreshing and I am so glad to have been able to keep up....and some.


115km Singapore Loop by boostbutt at Garmin Connect - Details

Sunday ride was with Ben. A nice friendly ride just to shake off the rigours of previous day's efforts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

Desaru Loop on Fixed Gear Power!