Weekend Rides

I was physically terrible last week...basically caught a mild flu, had bout of fever and sore throat. MC on Thurs and Friday (but I took only half days on both occasions and worked from home still). Ignored the antibiotics given for my sore throat on Friday. I did not think it was necessary and thankfully I was right...the throat is much much better now.

Did 80km West Loop with KL on Saturday. I left home at about 5.20am....meeting point at AML 5.30am. We did the route in pretty good time and I believe it to be one of his fastest if not the fastest. Still shy from my huge solo effort last week though! It was a nice ride as I got to rest a bit more and also pushed a bit more. Stretches at West Coast and Jalan Buroh I was pushing 40+km/h mostly.


On Sunday, I did a short 1.5hr 130bpm HR ride. So called base training ride....and I'm pretty much confused about this. Do we only do this is we do not have the 'base'? how can I tell if my base is 'ok'? Does it make sense for me now since I'm really pushing on long and short rides? Well, I dunno man. I need to do a little bit more research I guess....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

Desaru Loop on Fixed Gear Power!