My little HALF MARATHON

Ok, this 3 day work week thing has really gotten me into exercise-crazy mode. Running and cycling, that's all I ever do these days in those non-work mornings.

So pretty historic day! I completed 21km of pure ECP-ness. I've been thinking about doing this but reading that "Born To Run" book really helped me pull the trigger. The tagline that caught my attention :

"You don't have to be fast. You just need to be fearless".

That was it.

Started out at 5.30am from my home and ran. Did not stop until 21km was reached (Siglap Kopitiam). So its confirmed that if one runs the entire ECP loop, its a half marathon, duh! Initial pace was about 7min/km. Somewhere along the line, I decided to try to get at least the average to not exceed that. A modest 6.59min/km was achieved in the end. My HR barely went over 155bpm. Cardio-wise there was plenty of room left for perhaps a 6.30min/km 21km run BUT I was worried about destroying my legs plus I have not run  on these minimalistic shoes for very long (a month?).

Legs felt good after the run. No soreness today as well which is good. The only gripe would be the dreaded right knee thingie....not quite as bad as before, I do feel the tightness around the inner right knee area. This barefoot running thing WORKS! I only wish I had a pair of Vibrams to try out. The Pumas, though nice and thin-soled, still has a conventional pointed shoe shape. I'd rather the front to be 'flared-out' so that I can have the sensation of my toes 'grabbing'....just like in a barefoot scenario. Perhaps that will help on relinquishing this knee issue completely.

Here's my little epic run!



Did a short ride on my bike this morning and tried some intervals. I think I must be still tired from yesterday's run.....I can't get my HR beyond 170bpm even. Still, good to be on the bike again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling