My Travelogue Site

During the late 90's till about the time I got hitched, I used to planned little travels on my own. I did a lot travelling for work (at its peak about 1+ week a month) supporting our customers all over the world. However, business travels are no fun.......I rarely take leave (except for home visits) and snowball them till the end of the year where I'll take a 2-3 week vacation, all by myself (well, except for the Thailand trip where Basil travelled with me for a week).

I was quite interested in candid photo-taking back then and was in love with my Nikon FM2, my primary weapon choice. I even mastered the art of mid-roll change, often swapping out film mid roll just because I wanted to change to a higher ISO film or B&W (Ilford!).

My trips were typically (at least by my definition) on a shoestring. I was in Indonesia for 5 weeks and it cost my parents (I had no job, it was right after graduation....I was one of those who did not secure a job before graduation!) about SGD1000. I'd stay in places that cost a couple of bucks and eat local most of the time. Wow, just writing this short note brings back so much memories...the smell....the sights....the sounds....the peacefulness...such stark contrast with Singapore.

Here's the link to all my solo/single travels, between 1996 to 2001.


Just some photos, short write-up and my path.

Every trip was a new experience. The only recurring thing on every trip was that at its eve, I yearn for more. I wish I had more time. Now that I'm is a different state in life, this is in archive. I want to be fit enough so that even after my kids have all grown up I can do all these travels again......

If anyone can help to advise me how to port this to another site, it will be great! I'm not sure how long more this one will be up....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling