2011 : Another Year Done

Did my last ride of the year this morning with KL and Ben. Just a friendly 65km of Eastern Loop followed by a sell deserved milo-ping at Siglap kopitiam. It was good also to see Mark and Stefan there (with the PC group).

2011 career-wise was an up and down for me. Very numbing experience from the start till end and it continues! Well, I have plans for 2012, just you wait and see.

Let's get on with the interesting stuff : Cycling AND Running. This of course is the year where I completed quite a lot of cycling events....starting off with the NTU Bike Rally, JMFR2011, Cameron's + Ipoh Century and finally TdB2011. I did a lot of solo rides kicking off at 5am and doing many of these in excess of 110km per ride. Its also the year where I managed to keep an average speed of 30km/h+ for distances above 100km....solo! It was tough but it was all worth it, just for the experience and the torture :) Completing the century ride under 5hrs was also quite a feat for me. TdB 2011 was pure torture...strangely, I will likely join again next year. I'm glad to have been able to complete all the stages.....respectably.

It has also been a year of starting to Run again. I had a lot of issues with my right leg until Ryo introduced me to barefoot running (which I tried and enjoyed but a bit short-lived due to the blood blisters) which I then promptly switch to minimalist running with focus on forefoot landing. Since then, I've enjoyed running much more and the pain is much less and even if there was after a really strenuous run, it'll go away in a day or two. I've also completed Dec covering over 150km on foot. With the pressure and company of JM and JvM, I've also started trail running which is quite exhilarating!

For 2011, cycling covered 7,784km in total (vs 6,751km in 2010). Running : 531km (vs 118km in 2010).

Year upon year, the mileage has increased significantly. I've improved in speed an endurance for cycling and Running seems to be doing good for my weight as well. For 2012, I do not expect to increase cycling (maybe even lower!) but definitely there will be more adventures in Running. Hopefully, my weight can go down below 80kg and then see how I will fare at TdB.

So, adieu 2011.......2012 : show me what you got!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling