10km under 56mins!


Presenting....the duotone legs! I've been living with this tone since cycling again in 2008. Gotten worse this year thanks to some day events which I attended. Anyway, the point of this nice little leg pic is to show 'Le Sock' which I used for this first ever, epic, sub 56min 10km run! To be honest, I'm really please with this achievement and to get to this point only after achieving under an hour about 3 weeks ago, is to me, quite a feat. The sock does work (I think!) and as the morning was quite cold, I wore the compression top that my wife bought for me as well, with a singlet over it (to conceal my 'beautiful' contours).

The impression I have from the compression sock is that the calves are kept 'quiet'....meaning they are not jiggling around and put in place when the feet lands on the ground. This, somewhat aid in lessening the shock on the calves, I feel, contributing to overall improved performance. Also its been 2 days since the brutal Trail Run and no DOMs! (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). I get DOMs for most of my long runs (21km, trail, etc).

Average HR for the run was 164bpm....a tad higher, about 1bpm above my last best of 56min 45secs, but hey! I shaved a whole 50secs off that time!


10km in 55mins 53secs with an average pace of 5.37min/km.

Strangely, for this run, I set my Forerunner 405 to AutoPause OFF and the results of the run tally much better with the android phone. Nowadays, I bring my phone along for the music and also I do turn on CardioTrainer which regularly tells me of my pace and distance. Recently, the 405 has been giving me some battery problems.....it will show 99% charge but in actual fact its 0%. To remedy this, I had to reset the watch a couple of times until I do see that it indicates 0% and then re-charge it again. Thankfully, I have Cardiotrainer to fall back on. Looking forward, I may just get a Bluetooth HR strap and use that in conjunction with the phone. No point bringing so much gear on a run!

Next target a) break 55mins barrier b) maintain below 5.40min/km for 15km




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling