Trail Run!

Saturday : did 80km with Ryo, KL and Sam (whom we met at Mandai). This is the same route as I did solo last week, a 81km route. Got a puncture on my rear wheel at Bukit Timah Road on our way back...did a quick repair and off we went. Nice friendly ride with some sprints in between but nothing too taxing!

Sunday : TRAIL RUN!

My first ever. Over the week I was discussing this with JM and we decided to do a 'short' one. The cool thing about this was that we want to start early, in the dark! JVM came along as well. I drove down to Mandai Zoo, our meeting point, and we started off there at 6am. Ran into Trail 15. The starting pace into the rail was quite challenging for me as JVM led the pack. I'm weakest runner in the pack of 3 and was struggling for the first 2-3km into the trail. It was complete darkness, if not for our Lezyne Super Drives. Very cool and exciting!

As expected, we got lost a bit especially when the trail forked and made a couple of u-turns. But rest assured, we did well, survived and have now sort of imprinted the route into our minds! Great scenery, good air, cooling weather, great company...what else to ask for on a first run on the trails! Covered 16km in about 2hr 6mins, incl all the stops, getting lost etc. Not bad for a first effort.


A lame attempt to video the run up a slope....I need a video camera with some serious anti-shake technology!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling