Compression and the Weekend

My legs were sore...not for the run but from the fall! My left knee is pretty bruised up and although the wound has well dried up and hardened, therein lies the problem....every time the knee is over flexed, the sensation of hard skin over the wound is not nice.  Other than that no noticeable further damage from the fall and best of all very minimal muscle soreness.

So I highly suspect now that compression works (read my last post on the make-shift sock!). I wore it during the run and a good part of the day after the run plus to sleep as well. That kind of battering on Saturday would have taken its toll on my calves but hey, feels good so far. Still I think its too early to conclude. It could be that I just got stronger anyway! I'll keep using the same sock (or other old socks) a couple more times before I conclude. No need to buy! Just do a Macgyver on this one. Its amazing how companies can squeeze out SGD40-80 from a consumer for something like this. That's easily couple of years of sock supply!

Planned to do a short recovery ride on Sunday but KL was still sick and Ben was out late. This is one of those rare Sundays where I did no exercises. The rain has been terrible these past few days.....prolonged and heavy. Wanted to do a recovery run this morning but couldn't wake up.....made no difference anyway as it was raining (excuses!). I'm coming down with a cough and flu. Its been coming on and off a bit over the past few days and I can feel my body fighting it. The whole family is down though!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling