10km Running Regime and Weight Drop

It has happened the past 2 weeks. I went into TdB weighing 86kg+, fully carbo-loaded can reached Singapore with 84kg left....admittedly a lot of water loss from the event itself. After the weekend, I was back to 86kg again the usual bummer weight. I cycled much less from then on and started to run more frequently with increasing intensity and goals. That first goal was to do consistently, 10km in under an hour.

So far I already managed to do this 3 times over the past 2 weeks so running 10km under an hour should be a given thing now, not a fluke! The last run yesterday, I did the usual ECP route but ran into the construction area near Marina Barrage (a failed attempt to get to the bridge, I'll try again tomorrow). I ran a total of 11+km yesterday giving me the best 10km time of 56mins 45s with a pace of 5.40min/km. That's quite an achievement for me! The good thing was legs were STILL THERE and felt as if I could go on at that pace for another 3-4km or so. However, this reading is from my Android tracker and not the Garmin Forerunner (battery out, forgot to charge!) so perhaps it reads faster pace? Hope not!


Over the last weekend, I weighed in at 84kg, post riding and re-hydrating on Sunday. This morning, I did not do any exercises, post-dump (excuse me!), I weighed in at 83.2kg. I am very surprised. I reached my so called plateau of 82kg many years back when I was running (got into a relationship after that and the running schedule got out of whack and eating frequency increased!). Sure hope I can reach that level again. It will be excellent if I can reach sub 80kg and maintain it there. Climbing up hills on my bike will be (I hope!) better and perhaps, then, I can match Ryo on the hilly routes. So, I'm just gonna continue my regime of runs and bike with 2-3 rest days in between and see how it goes from there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling