Weekend Activities and Other Stuff

Had a short 40km ride with KL and Ben which started at 7am. It has been quite a while since we rode that route together. Pretty much a tame ride except for a quick 40km/h dash across the Coastal Straight. KL started with 40km/h lead, I took over and then Ben....soon after a group 2 guys stormed pass us and we followed. Those guys pulled at 40+km/h. Ben dropped off and later on KL and as I was behind him I tried to him up front to the 2 guys but he dropped off as well. I went in close and managed to stay with them. Towards the last bit, I pulled up front to lead but that was shortlived as they probably did not approve of it and overtook me, so I followed. That was the fun part of the entire ride actually!

On Sunday, I rode alone and in my bid to avoid the traffic blockages, decided to do a new route, 50% of which is the 80km west loop and the rest is coming back via Old Chua Chu Kang road towards Bukit Batok and then upper bukit timah road and into the city. It was a tame solo ride for me as I did not want to push....just keep in the fat burning zone. At Neo Tiew a fast guy-gal team (Team Absolut) passed and I trailed them, doing 35+km/h. At LCK, we caught up with some Joyriders and overtook them. They started to move off at 38+km/h and I led towards the end until the turn off. Managed to hit 30.2km/h average after this short fast stint. After that it was new territory for me....passing through Tengah Air Base and the turning into Bricklands Road which leads in to Bukit Batok and Chua Chu Kang.

From Dunearn road, I went into Rifle Range road....a nice little 7km route in and out with some uphills. Very pleasant road to ride, undulating with the steepest slope at 9% but very short. The ride back via Bukit Timah road and then Kallang road was littered with traffic so exercised extreme caution on this route back. A nice route nevertheless but I'd prefer to go earlier at little over 5am from my place (started at 6am for this one).


Looking forward to some weekday runs. Wanted to do one this morning but I should really rest the legs for a day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling