Newsflash : BMI Goes Below 25!

Must be over 20 years ago back in JC when I was in this range. Finally I just crossed from the "Overweight" range into the "Normal Weight" category. I came close back in 2001/2002 from running as well but could never go below the 82kg line.

I just hope I can keep improving this! Steadily below 80kg will be the target. right now its hovering at 80kg-81kg. Been getting sick (cough, sore-throat) pretty easily over the past month. Change of weather probably but I should also pay a bit of attention to the weight loss which is quite substantial. 

I went from 87kg in end Nov TDB2011 time) to 80kg now....that's 7kg in 11 weeks.

I've had to abandon all my work clothes and go down one and half size down at least. Waist from 36" to about 33"-34" now. Shirt size down from 17/16.5 to 16. I can wear slim fit shirts now but the tummy is still huge though! Nevertheless it's a good feeling to have.

What I did consciously since then...

- I ran a lot more.....mileage increased from 91km in Nov to 152km in Dec and finally up to a crazy 186km in Jan...where I hit below 82kg point. I think its too much in Jan. This month, I should aim for 120-ish km. I still need to cycle!!





- I started to eat massive amounts of fruits....for breakfast, its some mixed fruits/apple (and a nice homemade sandwich) and for dinner its normally 2-3 oranges
- I've cut down on carbo....but really not much since I do need it still the energy for workouts
- I started TRAIL RUNNING, which I think made a huge huge contribution

Gotta keep the spirit alive!

Comments

Mo Xia Ke said…
Congrats! You're doing great. Running does work. It also strengthens your core and together with the loss of fat you will soon see a six pack (or part thereof). Jack (the other one)

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling