Oops....I got the ROAD GLOVE....


MERRELL TRAIL GLOVE ROAD GLOVE quick review : 

Compared to the Puma's, the forefoot area is more rigid and offers more protection from the rocky path. What's noticeable is also the arch area....I would not call this arch support but there is something there that confirms to the arch making the fit from heel to midfoot, snug and good. 

The toe-box is great and my toes could literally 'splay' as I forefoot strike, very nice. I do feel like it promotes midfoot strike more than the Puma's. As it rained previously at MT, the trail was wet and the path was a little bit slippery for it...but I imagine it should be not much different from other trail shoes in this respect.

I still find the Puma's more barefoot than these TGs. I will stick to Puma's for road and TGs for the trail. Something about the TG sole tread that feels weird on the road.

EDIT : So after comparing the sole online, mine is really the Road Glove. However, I do not see why it can't go on the trails! Picture from birthdayshoes.com as below......should not be difficult to tell which is which!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling