Post Bike Rally Weekday Runs

Wow, the 188km distance covered during Bike Rally day was really draining. I was still quite tired on Monday and body started to exhibit for muscle sores albeit not serious at all. Took Monday off the exercise map.

Tuesday

I was not sure if I could wake up for a run so decided not to commit to Ryo's running invitation. I set the alarm anyways to schedule a run for the usual 5.30am. Morning came and I woke up to the alarm, quite reluctant to get up but forced myself up anyway. Still had second thoughts though but hey what the hell. Decided to go barefoot and guess what.....did 12km on my barefeet and in decent time too (under 6:00 min/km pace).

I saw Ryo at the 4km point coming from the other direction....he promptly turned back to join me and took off this spanking new NB MT10's (nice and light BTW). He ran with me at my snail pace for another 3-4km and turned off to head back home at Big Splash area. I continued on and made the u-turn back to Macs starting point.

I must say, my soles are getting more comfortable with this. Of course by the end of 12km, the soles do feel a bit 'tender' and 'sensitive' but no injuries....just a sore right toe! I think I should be able to do 21km barefeet pretty soon. So, a new target after my Sundown Maration :- a barefeet half marathon! The calves were more sore after this.....somehow, REAL BAREFOOT running work the calves A LOT more compared to wearing even my super minimal Puma's.



Wednesday

To be honest, my body still felt lazy and woke up only to decide that "ok, today I'll run to Marina Barrage to check the place out and run back....a good 11-12km, just a slower 6min/km pace". So I started out pretty slow and maintained at about 6 min/km pace...as I neared my intended end point at Macs, I suddenly decided that I should run further so I went on...before I know it I was at Bedok Jetty....then it hit me; NO WATER!

I must be in a daze not to even realize that....strange. After that realization, I got pretty thirsty soon after (ignorance can be bliss!!) and was tempted to stop at the toilets to drink from the tap. However, I persevered (kinda dumb actually) and made it back, completing a HALF MARATHON in my personal best time of 2hrs 8mins with a average pace of 6:05min/km - WITHOUT WATER!

I timed my end point well; right at 7-11 where I promptly got in and bought a 1.5L of H2O Isotonic drink. I must have gulped a litre of that in a jiffy. Felt great albeit a bit tired and it was late! Got home about 8am and rushed to work after taking a quick bath. Tired.....but felt great for the achievement. I'm still amazed why I decided to continue and how I was in a weird state of running not even getting thirsty until I thought about not bringing water!



Thursday

Overslept (8hrs of sleep) and not regretting a bit of it. I deserve this!!



Friday

Woke up for a ride. Raining!!! Got heavier as I prepared to go out. I tried!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling