Pre-CNY Weekday Runs..

Rested monday after the mammoth 30km run on Sunday. Thought I could do ok on Tuesday but I suffered and just managed to do under the hour for the usual 10km. Obviously, though the mind was willing, the body was not. I believe, much reparation work was still needed to be done within the body!

What did not help was the fact that I had a late night out for Ben's birthday, with Ryo and KL as well at TGIF. We ate and drank A LOT. For the record, after a long hiatus from drinking, I'm proud to announce that I survived 3 bottles of Sam Adams and 3 pints of Summer Ale (nice!) or was it more. No way I could run the or ride the day after though and was so sleepy throughout the day.

I arranged a run with Ryo at 5.30am today and he was game. I did a warm up 1.5km as I had time before heading to the usual underpass meeting place. Ryo put up quite a fast pace for me as I struggled a bit for the first 3-4km. We wanted to see if there was a through road to Marina Barrage but to no avail. At the 7km point, Ryo started to have some knee pain and I insisted that we slow down and walked instead. Nice brisk walk back to Parkway underpass for some isotonics.

No point posting the workout!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling