Pre-CNY Weekend

A satisfying weekend of workouts albeit announcement from a dear friend that he won't be cycling with me for a while!

Saturday

Met up with KL and JM for an extended Eastern Loop. A good 78km or so. Started off pretty slow we pumped up the pace eventually. We managed to hit 30+km/h average speed around Pasir Ris prior to dropping JM off. KL was not at his usual pace that day after having missed a weekend of cycling.

This ride also marks the return of my HED Stinger 6. All trued and mounted with Evo CX 25C tubulars. This time, I got it glued at TEF. Boy, that tubular loving feeling that I missed is back. I chose 25C in the hope that this will be more puncture resistant than its smaller counterpart. No tape this time, GLUE is the best. The Evos are some of the best tires I ever rode on.....sure the tape and conti gatorskins were bulletproof and convenient but I was missing that great ride when I first got the wheels : glued with evos 23C. The roll was excellent. Weight increase going from 23-25c is minimal. I pumped it up to 120+psi but will experiment a bit.

Also changed my chain, this time with 2 more links. This, I hope, will not cause the chain to drop from the large chainring to the smaller one when at the largest cog. So far so good. Looking forward to a lone short ride one of these mornings.




Sunday

21km run this morning. Target was to 1) to survive 2) to better my last 21km best time of 2hr 18mins.

Started off at 5.45am....moderate pace at 6:20min/km and I tried to maintain it. I am not sure why but I always slow down at the 4-5km point. Always. Weird. Ran all the way to Tanah Merah ferry terminal and double backed. Upon entering the park again, I popped in a gel. My pace improved from that point but dropped again around he Bedok jetty. Once again, cardio was ok but the legs are just not strong enough.....managed to complete with a pace of 6:27min/km....and shaved slightly over a minute off my last best. I expected better though...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling