Recuperation : Part Deux

Finally succumbed yesterday afternoon and went back to see a doctor.

Doctor gave me the rest of the day off plus some antibiotics as he observed 'really red throat'. Spent the rest of the afternoon just sleeping and hydrating. I was torn as to whether to take the antibiotics klerimed or try to self-recover.....with the ABs, I could potentially recover much faster and get back to my riding and running but on the other hand, self-recovery for a simple ailment will be a good thing in the long run. Well, I've not rested 2 days in a row for the longest time and I think its high time I get it!

I guess the lack of sleep just piled up and the beer + trail run really pushed the body off its limits (not too mention more beer during that magnificent Liverpool win over Manure . On the lack of sleep, theoretically, sleeping at 10.30am and waking at 4.30am gives me 6hrs of sleep. This 'could' be enough and sustainable. However, what I failed to realize is that I do not get a full UNDISTURBED sleep at all; the kids, likely no2 and no3 will make some noise and/or come to our bed in the middle night, kick me in the face etc etc. Yes, it gets pretty violent having kids at night.

So, I'm gonna take the hit. Just sleep and rest for these few days. Only get outdoors for a workout when I feel like it. Damn, only 2 days, and I'm feeling the itch to run or bike badly! Its an addiction!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling