New Year Weekend

Had a nauseous new year weekend.

I did not feel great from Thursday onward....a bit of a stomach discomfort coupled with headaches and nausea (flatulence problem too! and no, that did not help in general propulsion on any of the sporting activities I undertook)....did not push it for runs on Friday and Monday as well as the ride on Saturday. Of course, having lots of "great" food over the festive weekend as a treat for the family did not help the stomach situation, as exhibited yesterday on the 10km run. I literally stopped at 4km point with splitting headaches. Careful not to tempt a probable onset of stroke or heart attack, I walked a bit and it got better......decided to go into "limp home" mode just to get my ass back home but of course no cheating, so I went the full 10km as intended from the beginning.

I basically spent the whole of Monday resting (sleeping, eating) and this morning....it started with a bit of worry that I'll get those headaches again going out for a 10km run but no, in fact I felt good. Legs were good, breathing was good, everything sort of fell into place once again. Managed to completed the run with a 10km personal best of 55m 23s....15s better than the last. During the run, I tried to also use my core muscles to help in the running motion. I believe this helped to alleviate lower body suffering by sharing the load with the legs and hips.

Looks like I'm still on track for my personal weight loss program!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling