Weekday Exercises

Trying to put back more cycling into my exercise regime. Its tough since we have only so many days and so many hours in that day to fill. Anyway, its a good time to increase cycling for now as my legs are STILL recovering from the previous trail run. I'm experiencing the same discomfort on my right leg (knee area) that got me to stop running months back. Did a 10km run which felt ok on Wednesday but I think I should rest a bit more. The trail run probably did more 'damage' that I had hoped. Should have stuck to my old running shoes instead!

Cycled with Ryo on Tuesday and Thursday, same route (ECP-Coastal-Loyang-Siglap). The first time round we did it with ave of 30km/h but we were needlessly attacking each other a bit along the way thus the not too optimal time. I remarked that we did this route much faster on Nov 2010 (32.2km/h) which prompted Ryo to raise the challenge for Thursday to ensure that we beat this time by cooperating. Well, cooperate we did. Started out at the service road pretty fast, by the end of the service road we were already averaging 33.9km/h after 5km. Into Coastal, there was quite a fair bit of headwind and we switched every 500m-700m doing a modest 34km/h average to conserve energy for the greater goal. After Loyang slope (which we did VERY conservatively to conserve energy), we did pretty well with ride average of 33km/h.

We started to slow down due to traffic after the slope and into the smaller road....at this point the ride average dropped to 32.5km/h. I decided that we should boost up a little and hence we did good speed at the down slope (Changi Rd) and thanks to some tail wind, we managed to push 34-35km/h all the way back to Siglap kopitiam. Total ride average for 32km was 33km/h, on the dot. We were having out Milo-ping in less that an hour after starting at ECP! 58mins, to be exact.

I felt pretty good during the ride. HR average for the ride was 158bpm compared to 165bpm for the previous best ride in 2010. Running has undoubtedly help to boost my cardio.



Comments

Ryo said…
It filled my morning with sense of achievement! Next target: 55mins!
Jackal said…
Wow that will be tough tough tough! We I am up to that challenge!

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling