Relieving Stresses of CNY : Ride and Run!

CNY has come and gone! Lots of great food and high calorie intake over the short period. Fortunately, I was committed to exercise during this period! I only had one rest day, which was Monday. I needed the energy to move the family here and there for visiting so I refrained from any further energy sapping activity in the morning. Woke up early instead and took the kids to KFC AM....always a treat and the waffles are to die for.


Monday : REST for BIKE and RUN

Woke up early took the kids to KFC AM for breakfast, went out visiting until evening dinner time. Thats at least 1500 calories I think!


Tuesday : 80km Ride to Tuas and Back, SOLO

Nice ride solo ride. There was little traffic being the 2nd day of CNY. Surprisingly some activity still at Tuas area but right at end : completely empty wide road. It was very pleasant indeed so I took a 4km round around Tuas industrial area. Speedwise, I went for it from Keppel onwards and managed to hit 30km/h ave prior to descending the viaduct. Was up to 30.3km/h at some point but dwindled with more traffic lights entering Tuas (and some traffic). On the way back, made good speed at the viaduct going solo....about 39-43km/h speed throughout. At at the end was hitting 30.9km/h ave and that dwindled all the way to Joo Chiat.



Wednesday : 11km Run, SOLO

Wore my modified PI tights for this one to avoid chafing (had a rough time with the 21km with shorts!). After 1km or so I believed I could better the time and the system checked well so I went for it. Managed to completed 11km in an hour. Best time for 5km (26:38) and 10km (54:14)! Average pace was 5:29min/km. Very decent indeed!



Thursday : 30km ECP - COASTAL - ECP, SOLO

First time on this after quite a while with my refreshed HEDs. Massive HW going up and could only manage 32km/h on the coastal stretch....pushing HR of 165bpm. After the U-TURN, speeds of >35km/h was very possible at the same HR so I pushed to gain better ave speed. Had to slow a bit as there was a car coming in the other direction on a one way section (lost couple of seconds). Towards the last km or so I was pushing 175bpm or so and still going (the winds were back!). Managed to do this under 55mins only for the 3rd time! This is my 2nd best ride.....54:47min, ave speed 32.8km/h, ave HR 156bpm. Still could not believe that in March 2011, I did this with ave speed of 33.5km/h!! but with ave HR of 165bpm or so.....perhaps there was not so much wind then!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling