20km Trail Run Counter Clockwise

The usual suspects met up at Casuarina car park this time around. JM, JvM and me at 6am in the morning. JvM's wise idea to do the loop anti-clockwise. It was something I did not expect! After 2km of Old Upper Thomson road, we found the entrance to Woodcutters and bashed in. Thereafter we found out that going this route has much more uphills than downhills. To add to the drama, it was pitch dark in a tough wet, muddy trail so there was a lot of up slopes and stop and go drama due to the terrain. I was destroyed within the first 6-7km. They had to wait for me quite a fair bit. I was on my h-streets and they were ok but as the terrain got a rockier, I could feel the strain of my soles hitting on every hard uneven surface. We managed to complete slower than the last time. Going this route counter clockwise, for some reason, is definitely harder.


Had (too much) beer after that at Casuarina drive and I really do not think its a good idea! On Sunday morning, decided to wake up late to do a slow recovery run (and also to try out my new Merrell Trail Glove). Within 1km I could feel my lower rib area hurting.....core muscles were very sore! Had to ditch the recovery run after only 1km.

Next up : need to add in some core muscle exercises to my regime.

EDIT : Me buddy Ryo ran a 48min 10km on Saturday morning. Goodness! Well done dude!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling