80km East West (Intervals!)

I was planning a fast 100km+ ride for Saturday but me mate Ryo needed to be back early so we went through the relatively flattish 80km East West route (Tuas and back). Even though it was shorted than the initially 100km plan, I found it to be a thoroughly satisfying ride as 1) we attacked every slope we encountered 2) we attacked the flats, more so if there was headwind! 3) I had thigh burn from every attack. Although the ride average for was only 30.3km/h, its not reflective of the intensity of the ride. A quick look using Sportracks shows that we started very slow and only picked up speed after Nicoll...we slowed as well due to traffic at Tuas and also Raffles Marina, just spinning and sightseeing there.

Average speed from Nicoll - Tuas - Nicoll (about 70+km) was about 32km/h. The ride back from Tuas - Nicoll was 33km/h ave. Average speed at Viaduct was impressive, probably about 42.5km/h for the full length. I managed to pull up to 45-47km/h at some stage. Pretty good for 2 guys without drafting anyone, which is what I was hoping for anyway. So a good workout for the legs. My HR has definitely gone down recently! I did not hit 180bpm+ on this ride.


The rear 25c tyre seems to be rolling very well. I'm not sure though if it helped but for sure its a tad more comfortable. Which reminds me....I need to get my Stingers serviced and mounted with new 25c tubulars! This time with GLUE. I'm looking forward to trying that out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling