A Slight Detour : My First Shepherd's Pie

So we had a nice celebration for my one year old son's birthday. Basically it was pandemonium when all the kids got together. Its amazing to see how a few balloons, party whistles and a couple of 1-4 year olds can really bring the house down!

OK, back to my contribution : Shepherd's Pie

Really easy to make and was quite hit with the guests. I used pork (well I made another one using lamb burger patties and that didn't go too well cos the lamb as expected has a weird smell that not many people can like....and I did not shield the taste well..), carrots, peas, garlic, onions all cooked into a stew-ish mixture. Worchestershire (pronounced 'Wuster') sauce is a must and I was rather generous with it.

The wife did the potatos; simple peel em', boil em', mash em' and add some grated cheese, pepper and butter. Tastes great!

Here's the cooked stew/filling and the mash.


Place the mash on top and use a wet spoon to simply flatten it. Use a fork to create some texture on the mash and add generous amount of grated chees (I used Parmesan, but i think any salty cheese will no....no blue cheese please!).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling

Personal Best 10km & Adieu MotoACTV (for now)