Weekend 30km Run

I reserved Saturday for my long distance run. Initially the plan was the run at night but my forays the previous night on the bike just proved to be exhausting and I needed the sleep. Fortunately, no disturbances from the kids and managed to catch 6+ hours of sleep. Started the run at about 5.50am from ECP. The route is the same as my first 30km loop...basically to run towards SAFRA, coastal straight until Changi beach park and u-turn back after refilling water.

As usual, the stomach was not friendly to me...had to take a quick dump. Location confidential, had to go primal on this one. Yet again, the body goes straight into long distance mode....at about 6+min/km (did not check the speed until Coastal straight). The sky was getting brighter so Coastal was not scary at all....but its still a challenging path to take mentally as one cannot see the end of that straight road until the final 1km or so. Refilled at the u-turn point vending machine (15km)...they had no decent drinks so I went with Peach flavoured Fanta...freaky sweet and probably made me more thirsty as I went along but the sugars did provide some energy I guess. Then it was back on the straight road again. Saw some familiar people on bikes going the other way.

As I predicted, the Fanta ran out by the time I hit ECP again and stopped to refill with tap water at the 25km point. Managed to complete in a decent time of 3hrs 15mins (moving time) and pace of 6:28min/km. This is a personal best for me on this distance. My 30+km paces were always 7+min/km. Incidentally JVM was also doing his run there at around the same time and completed 30km in 2hrs 46mins (!)...impressive timing!



I was in the Puma H-streets and they held up very well on this run. The sole was starting to feel tired from the landing at the end but it was manageable.

Comments

Mo Xia Ke said…
Take more rest. It will improve your speed. JvM.

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling