Weekend before Sundown

Tapering down at the moment and eating well (too well at times, I fear!). Only did a 10km on Saturday morning which was strangely a very lethargic run for some reason unknown. Legs felt lazy and heavy. Nothing noteworthy from this run.

Managed a 12km barefoot run with good speed (a 10km barefoot PB of 57:22). Legs always feel more alive without shoes and in general, always happier after a barefoot bout. Could be also due to the excellent foot massage I had yesterday (and dinner buffet). I was doing sub 6 until the 9km point where I turned it up. I was running on the road park road centre-line which is 'smoother' to relieve the tender soles at this point. A guy in huaraches-like shoes passed me a quite a fast pace and he led a good 80m or so before I decided to turn it up and made him a target pacer from afar. Managed to catch up and eventually passed him right after the old Macs and of course, my end-run point as well. No blisters thankfully but soles felt tender....only after a week of non-barefoot running!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling