21km Evening Run

I'm changing my runs to the evenings at the moment, in preparation for the Sundown Marathon in slightly more than a weeks time. The Marathon event starts at an ungodly 12.30am so I better get used to some late runs prior. Started out at about 7:15pm and did the ECP loop. I wanted to try to break 2hrs in this run but failed! I started out with a fast pace and was actually softly challenging a lady who was running quite fast! I passed her at lagoon area but she came back sprinting ala interval style after Bedok Jetty. Passed her again soon after as I help my pace but then again at the 6km point, my pace dropped and she beat me straight up. Respect!

From there on no way of catching her.....Did a decent 10km (56mins) so I was on track but I was wrong. Although its still a PB at 15km (1hr 26mins), I was fast faltering in speed and could not even do 6min/km after that point. The last 6km was just pure torture and defeat. HR refused to get up at all (and it was pretty high during this run!).

Just managed to complete at 5:59min/km average pace....4th best time. During the run, I started burping and some reflux going on which was getting a bit uncomfortable. Probably due to the buffet lunch i had still lingering in my stomach, protesting on the constant movement and shaking :) No thanks to this effort, I couldn't sleep until 1am!

I guess I'll have to wait until after the Marathon (and rest!) before I come back again on the sub 2-hr target. Its a hurdle I must cross.....there are greener pastures over the hurdle!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling