Recovery Activities and Medical Report

Just one day of rest (Monday) and I'm out again. I've not recovered (not even now!) but am itching to just get out there....

Tuesday : Ultra slow 30km ride, with HR average of 115bpm and speed of about 25+km/h. Pleasant ride at the usual 30km route. An accident that killed a cyclist just occurred over the weekend on this stretch. My thoughts were with him and his close family as I passed the area slowly. Saw quite a few groups already up and riding at the time but I had no interest to chase (nor the ability at this point in time). Good to give my legs some stretching over the pedals.

Thursday : Actually felt good the previous day but found difficulty in waking up. I did anyway and ran 11+ km. Slow at first but eventually, pushed a bit towards the last 3-4km. It was tough and the legs were heavy. HR was also getting high faster. I still need to recover properly with rest and proper food.

Collected my medical report on Monday. Basically a company sponsored Biennial Health Screen. So far, I've only done this 3 times; in 2006, 2010 and 2012. I was mostly sedate in 2006....cholesterol was borderline high, bad TCL/HDL ratios...this improved in 2010 with me starting to cycle. I quit smoking towards mid of 2010 and really rode a lot in 2011 followed by running in 2012.

Cholesterol level is now all in check with good HDL levels and ratio of TCl/HDL ratio of 3, which is not bad (this was from 5.1 in 2006 to 4.1 in 2010). Uric acid was borderline high but it has dropped from 690 level in 2006 to 550 in 2010 and now, at 450-ish.

Some worry over my RBC and HGB levels though....they were always on borderline low. I need to think about supplementing with B12 and Folic Acid to see if this improves. If I had more RBC in the blood, I can be even more efficient in more running/riding etc. Elevated HR can also be caused by low RBC........I always felt that the HR was a bit high especially on strong efforts on the bike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling