6-month Running Review : Nov 2011 - April 2012

First and foremost. Right after today's 10km run....post recovery drink and some ~900ml of hydration. I will be back to ~80kg by the end of the day.



It has been more than six months since I got back into running. I really re-started around August when I found the Eureka! moment with minimalist/barefoot approach to running but at the time I was not really that much into it as I was cycling my hearts out for Tour de Bintan in November. So really, my journey shot up (plus my weight dropped like a rock) since mid/end November onwards.

Below is a plot generated using Endomondo ...

  • Weight : from 86kg in mid Nov to slightly below 80kg now
  • Mileage : increased tremendously from 80+km to 250+km per month (I expect this to go down to 150+ level after the marathon!)
  • Heart Rate : average has been dropping, mostly also because I've been pulling in more sedate long runs for endurance and much less speedwork
  • Average Pace : surprisingly, despite not doing much speedwork the past 2 months, its at a decent level of 6:30min/km for the past 2 months
  • Mental : tired but not defeated. Its becoming like a drug and I need my running fix or else I'll get very cranky regardless of whether I'm well rested or not. Wife is saying I'm kinda nuts but is quietly supportive I think!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling