Weekend Fun and Monday Run

Nothing out of the ordinary this weekend. Decided to put my legs to some good rest and went for riding on both days. A good 50km ride out with KL and Ben on Saturday, solo 30km on Sunday and got back into my 12km MTP for this week today. All three workouts were using the Motoactv.

Saturday : 50km West Hills

I took the guys on this route. Ben wanted to do some hills and this is the best route I know off. Started off tame but on the Viaduct, I took the lead up and managed to push above 40km/h throughout. About 41km/h average speed over 7km which the fastest I've been on that road. Also of course thanks to some tail wind and passing trucks!

Started up NUS via the admin entrance route quite a steep section going towards my ex-hall, passing through the sports centre (memories of my rugby and TOW days in school!), science faculty and NUH. It was pleasant coasting downhill South Buona Vista road....until of course the entrance to KR park via Vigilante drive. This short 300-400m climb is pretty brutal. I estimate the grade to be at least 16%-18% at its steepest. Very challenging. KL and Ben made it as well (their previous outing was stuck in the middle!). Later on went down to Pepy's Road and finished off with Mt. Faber from Kg. Bahru side. Made PB on KR and Pepy's a well....I was not even pushing hard yet! I guess a 8kg lighter me does make a huge difference. At Nicoll, did a quick sprint to try to catch the draft of a bus....hitting about 56km/h and just spun out.



Sunday : 30km ECP - Coastal - ECP

Did not intend to do anything on this day but ended up going for a short usual training route. Did well at Coastal and ended the ride at decent average of 31.5km/h.


Monday : 12km MTP Run

This is a scaled down run. I redefined my Tempo speed to be 5:30 instead of 5:15....got a lot of aches doing the 5:15 so that cannot be Tempo. Did 3.5km x 3 at Tempo with 0.5km Recovery in between. Not easy but not too bad too. I reluctantly went out with the Kinvara's and felt ok this time around. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling