Mid Week Whatever

Legs are feeling better these past 2 runs. 

Tuesday was a 12km non-stop run with Ryo. It was 'chat pace' I guess and my legs still feel a bit stiff but no pain or anything which is good. Managed to pick up speed a bit towards the end of the run before retiring for a drink at big splash. There's a 24hr snack shop there but drinks are quite pricey. Ran back a full 3km after that. Legs felt ok...much better than last week



Wednesday (today)...I was torn whether to ride or run. The lazy side of me opted for running for the pure sake of it being more convenient! Started off slowly and as I got a bit more warmed up I was able to sustain 5:30+pace quite comfortably (in fact I may be able to sustain for 21km given all the 'right conditions' which would mean a sub-2hr half marathon). Increased pace for below 5min/km for the last km. It was a satisfying workout.



Today also marked the >700km covered for my Puma H-Streets. This is plenty of life for such a minimal shoe. I have 2 pairs of these, one I use just for walking and this blue one is my favourite for running. Did the 42km in these! This shoe feels really minimal (I suspect more so compared to even the Vibrams) and comfortable to boot. After it has gone through about 200km, it feels even better some some reason. I wear them without socks and they really feel like air. I hope to use this pair until 1000km and then I can switch over to the other one (black/silver). They are getting hard to come by these days and Puma has probably stopped production on these (again). Need to wait for their next run which will probably be in a few years time!

Legs were also feeling good today. The niggling right knee thingie is still there and today I notice something; my mid footstrike for the left seem to have a slight bias towards the mid foot toe area and not the big ball area (unlike my right footstrike). As a result, I do feel some collapsing of the arch. I tried to correct it while running but it felt forced to do so. I have this feeling that if I could correct this, the right knee will be ok. Actually, it feels much better than usual today. More googling to solutions!



Took leave yesterday to celebrate my eldest's 6th birthday. A BIG boy now. Took them out to Sengkang Swimming Complex where they have these really cool slides and water play....all for a princely sum of 80 cents per child and 1.50 per adult. And why do people pay maintenance for pools when they could have this? They had a blast of course and I just lazed around and played along with them. The cold water enveloping my legs were quite therapeutic I must say! Later, I found out from my nieces that there's an even cooler swimming complex in Jurong with a 'lazy river' where my kids absolutely loved when they were in Thailand 2 years back. Same admission as its a public pool!





Comments

Mo Xia Ke said…
What you comfortably can do on 10 km is not a guarantee at all for the half marathon. I talk from experience ;-) And yes, Jurong has a very nice swimming complex. We still go there once and a while all the way from AMK.

Jack

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling