Lazy Weekend

Basically, ate too much and exercised too little!

The lethargy from my 21km barefoot run was greatly underestimated. Running the distance was ok, but dealing with the aftermath DOMs is quite terrible....

On Saturday, I intended to take the kids out for a walk in the park to catch the sunrise as well but it rained cats and dogs. Anyway, managed to get them up for a KFC AM treat, which they always love (same here too!). In the afternoon, I did a short 5km run. It was my old 5km route around my non-park area. Did a decent 26 mins which is not bad but was just not used to running in the afternoon and after lunch! Dinner....killer meal at Rama Thai. Maybe 1000-1300 calories that dinner alone. That's a 12-13km run for me.

On Sunday, woke up intending to do a 80km ride....I did wake up but the whole body was tired, lethargic and the mind was lazy. Decided to take the kids out for a walk at 6.30am. Got the boys out of bed as we walked towards the seafood centre (a good 2km or so one way) where the new Mcdonald's resided. They were not a fan of the hot-cakes though.

Check out the glorious sunrise at the park. Countless time I ran over here and never have I appreciated this as much as this time.




My sons enjoying the "Jungle Path".....at least that's what I told them! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling