Weekend 20km Trail Run with PTR

Back to trail running with PTR. This time around ; JM, JvM, Ryo and Kuan joined. Met at the usual place (Casuarina Drive carpark) and started off at around 6am. This time I had my Salomon with me, I think this helps a lot in getting my mind off stuff on my hands and concentrate better on the trail. It does get a bit warm though! We did the usual ~20km route covering part of Macritchie, Rifle Range road and Woodcutter's Trail.

Starting out, the pace was quite fast for me on trail and I fell back after couple of kms into MR and RR but eventually they slowed down and I caught up. I decided to control the group pace a little going into WCT....I got a bit tired and gave the lead to JM who took it faster! The trail was muddy and wet but still not too bad. At Old Upper Thomson road, we all went barefoot until Casuarina. I felt relieved to get those muddy we shoes off!

This is the first run I did on this route where I finished feeling still relatively alive! Covered 105km for the past 8 days; most busy week in running for me ever. Completed 19km in 2hr 16mins. A good 9mins better than our previous best over this course (!)


I was planning to do a ride on Sunday but decided to just sleep! Heading out for 3 days to JB with the family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling