Pre-Kuantan Long Ride and Completion of MTP Week 2

Saturday : 112km Ride

I was tad under-confident for this one. 112km Singapore Clockwise non-stop is no easy loop though I've done more than 14 times (most of it solo) and the last time I did this was with Ryo, one of our last rides prior to TDB2011. I had not been riding much since Bike Rally last month....just put in 30km on my SS since then. The cycling legs have degraded a bit! But I'm much lighter than before though.

Started out at 9am and was quietly trying my best to do a "back by nine ride" which was a last year favourite whenever I did this route. Started off quite well....hitting 29km/h average speed upon entering the West Coast viaduct. Reached my top 31km/h average speed after Jalan Buroh. This promptly became increasingly difficult to keep at Boon Lay but managed to get back to form at LCK straight which is really a slight downslope. Legs still good at 50km after Kranji but quickly deteriorated from then on. Did respectably at Mandai (did not lose speed) and gain a bit a the downslopes. From that point on it was tough and I was in survival mode starting from Punggol, just pacing myself and keeping the speed slightly above 32km/h as best I could.

There were a couple of chances to draft but I refrained, even at Coastal when a guy who drafted me went ahead but I slowed down to let him gain some distance (he went out of sight eventually!). Mentally, I'm there. Physically, there too but not competitive there. Just survival!

Achieved average of 30.6km/h for the route and was happily back by 8.55am.



Sunday : MTP Week 2 Activity 1 Completed

Finally got about doing this. Met Ryo along the way on my 2nd 3.5km and he helped to pile the pressure on! Was on the verge of giving up. 3.5km x 2 at Tempo Pace 5:15min/km with 1km rest in between. Did better than Tempo with half rest distance.  1st 3.5km @ 4:57min/km  2nd 3.5km @ 5:10min/km  Recovery Pace @ 9:00min/km for 0.5km

Had a short Milo session with Ryo after the run. He did 21km in 1hr 46mins yesterday! Oh man, how far he has progressed! My best 21km is 20mins more than that currently....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling