Pulai Springs Resort : Short Family Holiday

Its been a while since the family got out (over 2 years??) so its probably high time to plan one, albeit as short one, for the school holidays. Managing 3 little ones ain't easy on the road so opted for a trip to JB to lessen the 'drama'. I booked a nice one bedroom suite at Pulai Springs Resort located just north of JB, which is a little over 30mins away from the 2nd link. I didn't have my GPS with me so its all based on memory but still got a bit lost!! I never knew there were so many 'highways' around JB area! Here's to thinking that all towns are the same as Ipoh, except KL.

Stopped at Sutera Mall for Lunch and some tid-bits shopping at Carrefour and head our way to PSR. Nice surroundings I must say and seems to sport a well maintained golf course too. Apparently, they have 3 courses there. First things first, upon the insistence of the kids, we head for the pool. Nice little pool with a slide as well which the kids love. Weather was cold as it just rained.....Tried out a nifty feature on the phone which allows panaromic shots. Quite good but a bit blurry though! Still not bad for a phone.

Pool 1 at the Club House / Sports Centre 

Pool 2 at the Hotel

Thereafter it was pool, eat, pool, eat....repeating itself!. I found the breakfast to be quite adequate though not huge. The chicken curry (rendang-style) was particularly nice. I really dug into that one! On day 2, I wanted to drive down to Sutera mall again for lunch and perhaps some shopping but instead got a bit lost and ended up at Perling Mall. Its small and houses some shops, a theatre and Giant. Nevertheless, it was a surprise find for us as we had lunch at Secret Recipe (ordered like 5 cakes to take away and 4 main dishes to be shared.....it was a 'buy 3 get 1 free' thingie). After that, my kids had a 20-30mins play at electric car kiddy ride....nice old man allowed they to play on although we only paid for the 10mins 'package'; they even got lollipops after that. While they were having fun, I had short 30mins foot massage.

After that, decided that we should watch John Carter....went to the box-office, no one. So the drinks guys was actually the only one working that time and he was selling tickets, selling snacks and tearing tickets and the entrance. When I was buying the ticket I told him in Malay that we had 5 people but 3 kids and that I'll probably need 4 tickets only and asked if there was any special rate for children. He just looked and said that I just need 2 adult tickets. Such is the beauty of my country; Flexible (too much at times though!) and everything is possible 'boleh!'. So in the end, it was a nice find. Unexpected and pleasant plus away from the hustle and bustle of a full fledged made-for-Singapore mall.

On the final day after check-out, we discovered that there is a Jusco nearby the hotel. We went there for lunch at Johnny's Restaurant....a thai inspired steamboat thingie. Headed back straight to Singapore from there onwards.

Its always busy for me and the missus during such trips tending to 3 but at least its taking our minds off work and 'all the work stuff'. The kids, they definitely enjoyed it!

Run
Managed to run a bit for both days I was there. Monday morning, I ran in a drizzle and thought I could do a quick one (<10km) around the Golf Course pathway....pretty challenging as its undulating! However, my mood got killed when a golfer in a cart stopped me and told me chinese that I'm not supposed to be running here. Damn golf elitists. Well I ran out of the course and then completed 8km going round wherever I could. Decent time of 6min/km too. Tuesday; pretty much the same weather but less drizzle, completed 8km but something wrong with the GPS I think as it recorded a 7+ min/km lap. Anyhow, it was good to do something on the exercise part as I am really eating a lot these few days (2kg gained....lost 0.5kg by this morning actually).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling