March 2012 has been a crazy month.

It started out with a 42km Marathon 'Feeler' run where I did the entire PCN of the East including ECP. It was really tough but I completed it nevertheless, never once stopped to walk because I was tired. I just pushed on in my Puma H-Streets. It was quite a feat for me!

Then I embarked on my 12-week Marathon Training Program. 2 key exercise per week for 12 weeks. Its beginning to heat up now as I am hitting the 25km workouts. The next few weeks this will progress to 30km, 33km up till 36km, as lead-up to the Sundown Marathon in May.

Then there was the issue of getting ready for the inaugural 1st ever Kuantan Century ride, covering 160km on a bike under the baking hot 35+deg celsius sun. I made myself do a long solo 115km ride a week prior just to get my ass ready. I survived this ride and in pretty decent time as well (finishing around the top 30% of participants), considering I waited a few times for me mate and also had to deal with a rear tire puncture halfway through. It ended up to be just a great fun ride and nice road trip to Kuantan.

Then this morning, in true Jackal fashion, I paid homage to Barefoot Running and did 21km with my bare feet. It was 'painfully slow' (painful and slow as well). Decent completion time with average pace of 6:38min/km.

I end this month with 250km of running under my belt (246km now but after tomorrow's 'recovery run' I will be there) and about 350km of cycling distance covered.

It will be tough to match this kind of running distance with any month for me!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling