Weekdays and Pre-Kuantan Prep

The 12 week MTP has been quite challenging the past 3 weeks, especially in anticipation of the Kuantan ride this weekend as well. I've not been putting much saddle time since Bike Rally and only managed 3 rides since then, 2 of which are 30km Coastal rides and 1 long solo 115km ride last weekend. I guess I'll survive the Kuantan Century...just not hopeful for a good timing like what I got from Ipoh Century last year (under 5hrs). Anyway, any ride taking place outside of Singapore is fun. Cycling over here on this tiny island has grown laborious and painfully boring over the past years....not to mention more dangerous as well with the increased traffic these days and more people thinking they have the right to run you over just because they pay road tax for their cars.

Just finished my last cycling prep for Kuantan this morning. Basically a 30km ride....started off lazy but in the end pushed a bit on the 2nd half. Decent speed and the bike is in good condition. I just remedied my rear wheel ticking sound (irritated the hell out of me for a full 110km on Saturday's ride) few days ago using electrical tape to fill up the gaps between the tubular valve and the deep section rim hole. That seem to have done the trick and it was pretty much gone this morning. The bike is reaching 9000km mileage by end of this month. That will be matching or more than my Colnago.



Back to running....I think I did well sticking to the MTP. So far the only disappointment was that on Monday, I has some knee strain and could not complete 100% the week 3 activity 1. Instead of doing 7km at tempo, only managed 10km at 5:30min/km pace. 2 days later I did ok in the 25km run at MP + 10%.

Wk3 Act 1 : Target : 7km 5:15min/km     Actual : 10km 5:30min/km



Wk3 Act 2 : Target : 25km 5:30min/km     Actual : 10km 5:28min/km


As of today, I've completed 190km of running within March alone. That is A LOT. No wonder I'm feeling knee strain and I'm getting concerned. By end of March I would have completed > 200km in a month. Crazy mileage and dangerously compromising my bio-mechanical well-being.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling