PR 30km Bike Route & The Running Sock Trial

Yes! Finally outdid my March 2011 PR of 33.5km/h that was done on aero wheels!

33.8km/h ....... 0.3km/h improvement on the average speed for this personal training route. Average HR shot high but I felt ok and could maintain for quite some time even at 175bpm. I had a bit of tail wind helping me towards the u-turn (33.6km/h average achieved at halfway point) but going back the same route means it would be the same find that I need to fight against. Managed to keep and improve a bit towards the end. Lost a fair bit average speed due to the u-turn and drinking my water...ave dropped to 33.3km/h. Luckily legs and cardio were good enough to gain me back some speed. All this on my conventional alloy FRZ wheelset!

Passed a couple of guys at service road and they promptly chased up and passed me. I was not interested in playing with them so I just maintained at my 34km/h average at that point. Sure enough, they lost steam after about 500m and I just passed them with no resistance offered.



Ok, tried out the running sock for a short 10km run on Monday morning. It feels great and just like barefoot, except its not. You get the drift. My only gripe would be the fact that its a bit small and the heel is somewhat rubbing with the seams whilst running. I can live with that. I'm not sure how many kms I can get out of this one but I don't think it will be a lot!

Still, very decent speed. Very barefoot feeling, much more than even the Puma's.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling