Saturday Ride and Sunday Rest

Truth be told, I've been feeling rather under the weather ever since the Marathon. I think its the culmination of all those days of running with lack of sleep and a poor core since March. I will gawk at the idea of doing another run more than 10km, to be honest. I really did not know what drove me the past months to do so.

It's time to focus on cycling with the Ipoh Century Ride 2012 just around the corner plus that customary Cameron Highlands climb with Ben that we did last year as well prior to the Century Ride. I've no doubt that I can complete it with no issue....I guess I'm wondering if I could better my time from last year. A decent average speed of 33+km/h over 160km.

On Saturday, made arrangements with Ben, Ryo and KL for a 70km ride starting 6.30am from AML (only took on this late timing due to Ben but he couldn't make it last minute). I headed out earlier on my own at a bit past 5am and did the Coastal Loyang loop, completing 34km prior to the ride with the guys. I didn't feel too good and managed only 31.5km/h average speed for this 30+km or so.

It was Ryo's first ride after 6 months and it seems like he did not lose too much from his hiatus. Average speed recorded for my entire ride till Siglap kopitiam was 30km/h.

I was not feeling too good after the ride and sported a headache, slight sore throat the entire day. Need to get myself out of this feeling.



Specialized Romin Pro Evo update. The saddle felt good except still need to get used to the firmness after around 50km or so. Still feel as it I'm rolling down the saddle....tilt up a bit likely.

Update : shifted the saddle fore by 0.5cm therabout. We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling