Weekday Workouts

Monday was a rest day. No thanks to that highly disappointing England - Italy live football match that I watched live.By that its apparent which team I supported. A terrible performance but some piece of good defending though.

Anyway, started back on the saddle on Monday for the usual 30km to sweat it out. Didn't go outright fast as felt kinda sluggish yet again. Top off the ride with 5-6 mins spent on planking below my block with rest time of course!



After a week from running (longest period free of running in months I think!) I decided to go for a 10km barefoot run. The sore butt syndrome is still there but less. Got pretty decent speed out of the outing; just 10s than my PB barefoot 10km. Soles were, of course, battered. There's something about this soreness of sole when it hits the ground that I like!



I went out again on the saddle on Thursday morning for the same 30km route. This time did it noticeably quicker and felt better too (maybe because I forgot to put my HR strap!!). Tailwind when heading out but headwinds when returning. Did another 5-6 mins worth of planking after that. I think I'll swap out the FZRs for Fulcrums just for a reality check ride next week.


Parlee Z3 onto 9992km after this ride! 18 months of usage by me and god know how much more in the 3 years before that. I was surprised these past few days, I weighed in below 79kg despite the lack of running these past few weeks. In fact after the barefoot run, I was 77.6kg.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling