50km West Hills and A PAIN IN THE ARSE.

My butt cheek hasn't really healed yet but went ahead with this ride. I am exploring to see if this route is a viable one for an early morning weekday outing starting out at 5am. I adjusted the saddle more to the aft position and increased the post height by just a tad. I might have made it a bit too high and will need to reduce it as I feel tightness behind my legs, a symptom only felt of the saddle is a little bit on the high side. I felt I could not lay down the power as much too.

Started cautiously due to my butt scenario but it was ok till the Viaduct. From that point on, it hurt but only on the right cheek. I could feel the soreness and the rawness with every rotation of my right leg....it gets worse when the road hits slight bump. This saddle is hard. It doesn't really flex at all. Really looks a bit like that ass wedge/hatchet KL and Mark have on their bike. Still, I'm going to keep the faith as I do feel that its actually quite a good saddle. The cutout works. No numbness issue that I get occasionally on the Charge. Plus it just looks the biz.

Had a bit of headwind at the Viaduct but thanks to some passing trucks, managed to hit 40km/h pretty easily. I think the average speed for the entire viaduct was probably about 37km/h. Upon hitting the first NUS admin slope....wow snail pace. It was evident immediately my climbing legs (muscles) are gone or diminished. I just practiced my in-saddle climbing, no out saddle stuff on this ride. KR (Vigilante Drive) park is as usual tough but was ok at that kind of snail speed. Thereafter went to Pepy's, Tlk.Blangah Hill and Mt.Faber via Kg.Bahru side. I was labouring at 10km/h going up the steepest parts of Mt.Faber.

I was pretty surprised to see quite a few cyclists doing rounds at KR, Pepy's, Faber etc. Even saw a group with tdb jerseys shooting up Pepy's and later met them again at Faber. I took notice of a solo rider with a small backpack (on his way to work??) sprinting up Pepy's and then again at Faber doing couple of rounds I think.

Traffic was good heading back home. It was 7am roughly and basically very little traffic going into Shenton Way and Nicoll Highway. Got back home at about 7.15am.

One of my bottle cage mount came loose....need to glue it back again with the acrylic stuff. As for the saddle, I will reduce the post height perhaps by 0.5cm. Fore-aft seems ok.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling