How I lost my NEW H-STREET and Got it Back.

I inadvertently left my spanking new H-Street purchased from Al-Ikhsan at Mahkota Parade, outside an optical shop and thought it was gone. I only realized after leaving the shop but running back there they were already closed. I called them up the next morning but they claim to not find anything INSIDE the shop. Hours later they called back and said that from the CCTV, they saw me going out of the shop with the bag coming back to with the kids without the bag. I thanked them for the information and just gave up on it.

Guess what, the lady (Esther) and the owner (Mr.Lee) of Tai Fah Optical at Mahkota Parade didn't stop there. Hours later they called again to inform us that they have found my shoes! Well, their CCTV also revealed that a cleaner picked up the bag. Esther went on to locate the cleaner and managed to get the bag back. Apparently, he was already trying to sell it back to Al-Ikhsan!

I was really really touched and impressed by this level of 'service'. It was good enough for me that they told me I left it OUTSIDE the shop but to actually investigate further and go after it.....wow. I was pretty embarrassed when Mr.Lee passed me the bag when I got there to collect my spectacles. Not too sure what I could do except to thank him (and Esther, who was not at the shop at the time) and perhaps try to recommend some guys from Singapore on his very well priced goods and good service! Mr.Lee checks very thoroughly as well and even my wife was impressed was this.

So guys, remember to check out Tai Fah Optik (unit F36A/F36B) at Mahkota Parade, Melaka. Typically, one can save about 30%-40% off the price in Singapore for a similarly branded frame and optics. EDIT : confirmed. Checked out a Singapore store and found the exact frame. Price is 30% more in Singapore (including lenses).

...and here's the lost and found shoe. At about SGD66....thanks to the Great Malaysia Sale, and in NEW lime green scheme!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling