June 1st 2011 : A year without Smokes! ..... and a bit about today's ride

This is the first day after a ciggy-less year. It has been a tough while especially in the first few hours, days, weeks, months but I'm really proud of myself over this one for having pull through for a year! Now the second goal is to remain smoke free for another year, and another, and another.

To be real honest, I still do dream of smoking once in a while. In those dreams, I light and puff on a cigarette and then always after that, I feel guilty about it, even in the dream! Amazing. Sometimes it was a nightmare as I thought I had failed....until I woke up, of course. I guess this is the part and parcel of dealing with post-nicotine-addiction.

Ok, todays ride; on my single speed did the ECP - Siglap speed challenge. Did average of 31.6km/h, very decent considering my personal solo best on the Z3 was 32.1km/h. Average HR, indicative of effort is about the same and as far as I could remember, the wind conditions are quite similar as well. So, there is a 0.5km/h delta (faster) on my 1.5kg lighter bike, with Dura-Ace, HED Stinger 6.....not really worth it man! Well, I'm pretty please with this one anyway and hope to improve on this speed as well. The elapsed time was about 50secs over the hour mark.....need to get below that hour mark on the SS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling