FLASHBACK : 1986 Tecnotrat Saronni

SARONNI
Aug 2008 - March 2009
Status : Frame in Storage!


The entire bike was purchased for around SGD700. It had a mix of old components (105 and Sante, wheelset was ). Size is 53.5 C-C ST. I bought this steel bike as I hated my current aluminum GT bike...plus also Ben was promoting it to me how his 'steel' Pinarello Banesto was so wonderful (he found out that it was made of Alu after a year of owning it!)



I got the frame painted to Pearl White. It cost me quite a lot to do it (I think I was seriously overcharged!). The wheels are R540 Shimanos from the GT setup....Basically transferred the entire Ultegra groupset from the GT as well.



This remains to me the most beautifully simple bike I ever had. The wheels are custom Mavic Open Pros laced to Ultegra hubs. The frame itself is a tad too short for me. The TT length is correct (about 55cm C-C) but the short ST and HT meant that I had a lot of Saddle-Handlebar height to deal with! Still, a nice bike and since I still have the frame, I am hoping to build it up again sometime soon.

Notable rides with the Saronni :-
- first time on the 80km West Loop route
- first time to Desaru on a road bike
- first time up Mt. Faber
- OCBC Cycle Singapore 40km challenge 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling