FLASHBACK : 1991 Colnago Master Piu

Master Piu
March 2009 - November 2010
Status : Frame Sold


I got this frame from Ebay...cost me something like 900+SGD shipped from Italy. Its a 1991 frame and in good condition, considering its still original paint. Built it up with Ultegra SL which I bought from KL after he upgraded to Record 10's. The ride of this bike is very comfortable, its quite fast too but not as responsive as the Saronni (or my current Ciocc or Parlee, for that matter). I must say though its quite a good climber!



Here it is before TOP, with compact crank and Carradice bag.


I started upgrading the parts to Dura Ace one by one from mid 2009 onwards...the above pic is complete with Dura Ace 7800 setup (which I still have on the Parlee!) even with custom built Mavic OPs on DA7800 hubs. This bike was really a great ride and it was sad that I had to sell it. Not because I needed the money for sure.....but rather I just think its a waste to leave a frame lying about. I'm happy to report here that its giving another owner joy right now!

Notable rides with the Master aka "The Haze" :-
- Bike n' Blade 2009
- JMFR 2010
- TOP 2010 : Camerons, Frasers, Genting (with Ben)
- Couple of Desaru rides
- Many many Faber loops! This bike is a mule!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling