2 Days of Looping Desaru!

Some nice rides before I go on energy sapping biz trip from Mon - Sat (yeah i know).

Had a short weekend holiday at Desaru with the family and in-laws. My bro in law incidentally started to pick up cycling as well so we took our bikes along using his carrier. This is his first time riding in Malaysia. Desaru loop is notorious for its unpredictable winds and rather brutal rolling sections, especially for a first timer! I took my Steel SS and he, his hybrid Trek.

We went for the 61km loop on Saturday morning. We were supposed to leave at 6.30am but it started to rain!! It was still raining when we left at 7am but it was subsiding at that point. The weather was great....cold-cooling. Stopped for breakfast at the Belungkor junction. Reached back at about 11.20am.


Happily pedaling!



On Sunday, I went at it on my own. Target : 30km/h ave speed for the distance. Best I could do was 29.5km/h average. The headwind slowed me down quite a fair bit on the way south and the rolling hills were challenging, as always. Weather was pleasant enough as I started at 6.30am and reached back at the hotel at around 8.35am...pretty speedy nevertheless, despite failing to achieve the ride target.

All in all a good weekend for rides. Let's hope the weekdays turn out ok.

Mockba SS at halfway point (Junction to Sg. Rengit)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling