Work Issues and Cycling ..... they don't mix!

760km covered this month on the bikes!

A slow week for cycling only did a lower paced solo 80km on Saturday and a truly relax ride with my BIL on his hybrid Sunday. Sat ride was typical and did not do that good a speed as expected after Mandai. However, things started to pick up at the WC viaduct where I managed to average 40km/h thereabout for the 4km length. Ok, there was some tailwind and the huge passing trucks helped as well.

It has been quite a hectic time at work...a lot of issues and its creeping into my cycling! I hate this obviously. At times when pedaling, the issues just creep into my thoughts and I go into some sort of a trance-like mode. Not good. I gotta compartmentalize them; meaning lock them up when I get on the bike, pass the key to someone who'll give it back to me AFTER the ride. Maybe I just care too much hahaha.

Sunday was a slow ride. My BIL just started out riding on his hybrid and I think fitness-wise....for him...the only way is up! Just hope that this sport catches on with him and he'll stick to some sort of regime. I was on my SS and it feels amazing. I'm actually thinking of building up the Saronni again, maybe with 105 parts, or perhaps SRAM force/rival just to try it out. Problem is space!! I ain't rich enough to afford huge storage space at home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling